Dillingham and/or Anchorage
Chief Executive Officer
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive level administrative support to the CEO, CFO, various department heads and the Board of Directors. This will include clerical support and the overall preparation and coordination of Choggiung’s Board meetings, Shareholder meetings, special events and various other meetings and events for staff and Board. The Executive Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative functions: answering telephones, drafting correspondence, drafting agenda and minutes among others.
- Coordinate and attend all periodic meetings with department heads
- Manage and maintain executive, staff and Board schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments
- Overseeing administrative policies within the organization and office(s); recommend changes as appropriate
- Evaluate policies to ensure they follow the corporate mission
- Manage personnel files, support employee benefit enrollment, and reports any employee relation issues to CEO
- Manage and coordinate any required employee training program(s)
- Supports Employee Performance Programs
- Prepares and coordinates all Board of Directors quarterly meetings, special meetings, and committee meetings. Prepares informational packages for distribution to Board Directors prior to each meeting
- Plans, coordinates, and organizes the Annual Shareholder Meeting, and Annual Shareholder Informational meetings
- Arranges catering for special events or meetings as needed
- Supports shareholder correspondence, including mail-outs, websites, social media and/or newsletter including all relevant information such as important shareholder deadlines, employment opportunities and meetings
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Prepare meeting agendas and associated documentation; record meeting discussions and provide minutes
- Perform minor accounting duties
- Coordinates employee and shareholder award and incentive programs
- Serves as administrative and reception back-up when needed
- Maintain office calendar including staff leave, holidays, significant meetings, etc.
- Serves as the business resource for Choggiung, maintains business contacts, databases, etc
- Manages Choggiung records as per the approved retention schedule
- May manage consulting agreement for Human Resources support and acts as Human Resources contact for employees
- May assist with budget preparation and coordinate finances
- May also be responsible for training and supervising staff
- Other duties as assigned
- H.S. Diploma or the equivalent
- Five years executive and/or high level administrative assistance experience, Human Resources experience
- Relevant course work may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Advanced MS Office experience
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent four year degree from an accredited university
- Experience in payroll, accounting, or other financial functions
- Choggiung shareholder, descendant, or spouse (in that order). Shareholders are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working with ANCSA corporations, boards, or tribal enterprise
Working Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Frequently required to read small print found on financial documents, research materials, computer screens, etc.
- Occasionally required to lift objects of no more than ten pounds
- Work may be based in Anchorage and/or Dillingham as business needs dictate
- Occasionally required to travel in small aircraft
For more information and an employment application, contact Choggiung Limited at 907-842-5218. Download an application HERE.
**Choggiung Ltd. Shareholders are encouraged to apply.