P.O. Box 330, Dillingham, AK 99576
Phone: (907) 842-5218 Fax: (907) 842-5462
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE AND PAPER APPLICATIONS
1. Login to choggiung.com/cares and read the Shareholder COVID-19 Relief Program Policy. If you are filing online click the link on the bottom of the page; this will bring you to the application. If you are filing a paper application, click the link to the PDF printable version.
2. Once on the application page, click on the fillable cells next to the requested information and type in relevant information.
3. Complete the application in full, including date of birth, current mailing address, phone number, and email address, impacts by COVID-19, and signature. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
4. The next step is to select which ways you were impacted. If you have been directly impacted by the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, please indicate all impacts by clicking the check box next to each reason that accurately describes your personal situation. Leaving this section blank will determine the applicant ineligible for Program assistance. If you check “Other” in this section, please use the space below to explain the financial hardship.
5. Certify your application by signing your name at the bottom. Unsigned applications will not be accepted. *Tip: If you are using your phone to file an application, unlock your screen so the application is in horizontal view.
6. Once you have signed the application, click the “send application” button. You should receive a pop-up prompt that confirms your application was submitted successfully. Some may receive an additional e-mail confirmation.
7. If you are filing multiple applications, after getting confirmation that your application was successfully received, click “clear” at the bottom of the page. This will bring you to a blank application and you may proceed with filing for the next shareholder.
8. Note: Some people may receive a “Captcha” popup when they submit the application, which uses selection of images to verify you are in fact a person (not a remote computer).
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT APPLICATION COMPLETENESS AND MINORS
1. Follow up - Choggiung will contact you only once about an incomplete application and may reach out to verify you have applied. It is your responsibility to ensure its completeness and accuracy. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2. Each Choggiung Shareholder must file a separate application. Applications can be filed for minor children who are shareholders in physical custody or by the legal guardian of the minor child.
Choggiung Limited’s COVID-19 Relief Program is designed to provide economic relief to Choggiung Limited Shareholders to maintain adequate housing, transportation, food, water, medication, medical care, utilities, and basic life necessities to help alleviate the financial hardships endured from the loss of income and increased costs due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Funding for the program is being distributed from the CARES Act funding received by Choggiung Limited and this program is designed to comply with the CARES Act requirements and guidance issued by the US Department of Treasury.
Who can apply:
Any current Choggiung Shareholder enrolled as of September 1, 2021, regardless of where they live. Applications for minor children who are Choggiung Shareholders can be filed by a legal guardian or if the applicant has physical custody of the minor child.
Application Submission: your eligibility will be based on the information submitted as of your application date – no new information will be accepted after your application is submitted. Applications will be accepted by applying
· Online at: choggiung.com/cares
· By mail: Choggiung Limited, P.O. Box 330 Dillingham, AK 99576
· In Person: Choggiung Limited Office in Dillingham, located at 104 Main Street.
Applications must be received by October 15, 2021, at 5:00 P.M., Alaska Time. For further assistance regarding the Shareholder COVID-19 Relief Program, please contact Choggiung Limited at (907) 842-5218.