Choggiung Limited Position Description
|FLSA Status||Non-exempt||Reports To:||Shareholder
Opportunity & Benefit
|Date Updated:||February 2023||Salary:||$19.00-$24.00 DOE|
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for reception and general administrative and
accounts receivable functions daily. Assists various departments with projects and provides
back-up to staff as needed.
- Professionally administers all incoming calls, ensuring they are directed accordingly and/or
messages are prepared and delivered.
- Greets guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner.
- Opens, validates, and distributes incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail as necessary.
- Prepares and delivers bank deposits.
- Open and closes office area, including unlocking and locking doors, turning off lights and
- Issues announcements for office closures.
- Performs various filing duties including administrative and correspondence, payroll, land,
accounting and various shareholder or corporate information.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including preparing correspondence, reports,
spreadsheets, and other documents.
- Performs various clerical duties for the accounting department including bank
reconciliations, receivables, and data entry.
- Maintains business phone after-hour answering service by keeping voice message
answering service updated.
- Issues land use, wood cutting, and other permits, issues receipts and documents payment
in appropriate ledger.
- Receives payments for rent, issues receipts and documents payment in appropriate ledger.
- Receives maintenance requests from commercial and residential tenants and forwards to
- Maintains updated office and business forms and keeps forms available to distribute to
shareholders and customers.
- Maintains office calendar including staff leave, holidays, significant meetings, etc.
- Assists company departments with customer, vendor and shareholder records
management, data entry and updates including descendant enrollment, filing shareholder
records, meeting preparation, and shareholder, customer, and vendor mailings.
- Coordinates with departments and office personnel to keep inventory of office supplies and
procure supplies as needed.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for corporation’s business units.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of corporate information and operations.
- Maintains orderly and clean reception area, kitchen, office supply room, board room and
common office area.
- Water plants and maintain office equipment (refill paper, toner, etc.).
- Provides back-up to staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or the equivalent
- Two years administrative experience in word processing, or reception.
Relevant course work may be substituted for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License
Working Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
- Frequently required to read small print found on financial documents, research
materials, computer screens, etc.
- Occasionally required to lift objects of no more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally required to travel in small aircraft
- Required to take lunch break from 1:00 P.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Fill out the application form here, and either drop it off at the Choggiung main office (call 907-842-5218 for directions) or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.