Performs skilled work in the maintenance, repair, alteration and remodeling of equipment, vehicles, buildings, offices, residential units and other facilities owned, managed, or ones for which Choggiung has maintenance contracts.
- Operates tools and equipment to repair and maintain vehicles, equipment, buildings, fixtures, appliances,
- Install or repair flooring, doors and windows.
- Perform rough and finished carpentry such as framework, cabinetry, shelving, trim, dry wall, paint, etc.
- Install and repair pipes, fittings and fixtures for water, heating and drainage systems.
- Repair and replace leaking or defective roofing.
- Replace or install indoor and outdoor electrical systems, lighting fixtures and bulbs/tubes.
- Operate snow removal equipment, shovel, truck with plow, loader
- Good communication skills with co-workers and public
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or the equivalent
- Valid AK Driver’s License
- At least one year of work experience in repair and/or maintenance of buildings, vehicles or equipment.
Formal training may substitute for experience.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Frequently required to travel to various different locations
- Frequently required to be “on call” for emergencies and after-hours service calls
- Frequently required to lift objects up to 75 lbs.
- Oftentimes required to climb ladders, crawl under fixtures, furniture, etc., or crawl into or behind confined spaces
- Frequently required to identify colors of electrical wires
- May be exposed to harsh or toxic chemicals