Serve as the Land Use Permit Agent for corporate and private use of Corporate Lands and those lands for which Choggiung Limited has a monitoring contract.
Under the direct supervision of the Land Use Permit Administrator, performs routine semi-skilled work in various phases of the Land Use Permit Program.
- Patrols corporate lands to survey and monitor commercial and private users to ensure they are appropriately permitted.
- Issues land use permits to commercial and private users.
- Documents stipulations and trespass policies violations according to established procedures.
- Assists in the procurement and supply of essentials necessary to maintain logistical support for Nushagak River Headquarters site and other field camps.
- Assists in the construction, maintenance and repair of buildings and land improvements necessary.
- Serves as a customer service agent to public and commercial representatives, issuing information about corporate lands, permits, enforcement, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- S. Diploma or the equivalent
- Valid AK Driver’s License
- Certified in First Aid or have the ability to be certified within 30 days of hire
- At least one year of work experience in retail, customer service, administration, or similar field
Working Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Frequently required to travel to various different locations using vehicle, boat or skiff.
- Frequently required to launch, operate and load a boat and skiff.
- Frequently required to lift/carry objects between five and fifty pounds.
- Oftentimes required to climb ladders, trees, steep surfaces, etc. to maintain field camps.
- Oftentimes exposed to inclement weather.
- May be exposed to animals or insects.
- Required to sleep/overnight or several nights in field camps, which consists of tents or bunkhouses (housing is provided throughout season)
- Willing to spend a week or more at a time away from home at Choggiung Headquarters on Nushagak River.
For more information and an employment application, contact Choggiung Limited at 907-842-5218. Download and application HERE.
**Choggiung Ltd. Shareholders are encouraged to apply.