Choggiung Limited is accepting applications for a Land Manager. Applications are available at Choggiung’s Office at 104 Main Street or can be downloaded here. Choggiung Ltd. shareholders are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further or for a complete job description, please contact Mary Barnes at 907-842-5218.
The Land Manager conducts the management of all Choggiung Land programs through the development and adherence to the Choggiung Land Policy. This position works with many land stakeholders to responsibly manage our land and resources with generational vision. The Land Manager recruits, hires, and leads seasonal teams for our Land Use Program, Moose Habitat Improvement contract, and other programs that may occur from time to time. The Land Manager is able to work with people from many walks of life with professionalism. Works closely with CEO and appropriate Board members on planning issues.
- Degree in planning, land management or related field desired but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years progressive mid-management experience in land or resource management or related field.
- Ability to read and interpret commonly used maps (USGS, MTP, U.S. Survey, Subdivision Plat & other).
- Knowledge of ANCSA and experience with land status and issues in Dillingham and Bristol Bay region.
- Available and willing to travel within and outside of region.
- Able to work effectively and harmoniously with the public.