Summary of Position:
- The Land Agent works with and reports directly to the Land Manager. This position shall adhere and use as guidance Choggiung Limited’s “Land and Resources Policies 2019”. The Land Agent will work closely with the Land department programs. This position will interact with the general public as related to the programs of the Land department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update files used in the Land Use Permit Program, Ekuk Land Leases, NRCS Moose Habitat Enhancement Project, BBNC Wood Monitoring Program, and any other programs that may be developed over time.
- Monitor activity on our lands and in relation to land programs.
- Issue Land Use Permits, Leases, and woodcutting permits to shareholders and other land users.
- Develop reports and gather data from land programs and contracts.
- Assist with the selection and oversight of personnel for all land programs.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and inventories.
- Other duties as assigned by the Land Manager.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent, driver’s license, associates or bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources Management, Land Management or related fields are preferred. Two to Four years work experience in direct land management or related areas may qualify in lieu of college education.
- Environmental training or experience is desirable.
- Ability to read and understand maps and land statuses.
- Computer skills should include Word, Excel.
- Ability to operate GPS units preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential responsibilities of the position. Work is conducted in both a climate controlled office and outdoors in varying weather conditions. Work can be conducted in remote and rugged locations and in varying weather conditions on our lands (Nushagak River, Snake Lake, Ekuk, and Iguishik). Time split between the office and on our lands varies with the time of year and programs in season. As new contracts or programs arise, the number of locations may increase or change. Must be physically capable of operating a motorboat, snowmobile, and physical activity that may include lifting light to moderate weights, and camping outdoors.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to read small print found on financial documents, research materials, computer screens, etc.
- Required to lift objects of no more than fifty pounds
- Required to travel in small aircraft and small boat.
- Required to work in sunny, rainy, windy, snowy conditions in remote locations.
For more information, contact Dugan Nielsen at (907) 842-5218 or toll free (888) 377-2464.
For an employment application, click here.
Choggiung Ltd. shareholders are encouraged to apply.