Under general direction, cleans and services designated areas through a variety of housekeeping duties to maintain neat, orderly and sanitary conditions at all times.
In designated area, including buildings, offices, suites and common areas of buildings, the following tasks will be performed:
- Operate machines necessary to complete tasks, i.e., shampooer, buffer, mop, vacuum, broom, shovel, etc.
- On a daily basis, empty trash, dust horizontal surfaces, and restock supplies in bathrooms or other common areas.
- On a weekly basis, dust and polish all surfaces, (horizontal, tables, desks), thoroughly clean bathrooms, restock supplies to last one week, mop floors, wipe heat ducts, clean entrance windows in all doors, vacuum all carpeted areas including stairways, report light bulbs and tubes that need replacement, wipe and clean all window sills, sweep porches, clean drinking fountains.
- On a quarterly basis, spot clean walls near doors and other traffic areas, spot clean carpets as appropriate.
- On a semi annual basis, strip and wax all hard surface floors, clean all windows, both interior and exterior, shampoo carpets in all common areas and stairways.
- On an annual basis, shampoo all carpets.
- Works independently with a minimum of supervision and follow oral and written instructions.
- Schedule work to accomplish duties in an efficient manner and generate written reports on occasion.
- Other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- H.S. Diploma or the equivalent
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License
- One year of experience in performing janitorial, custodial, housekeeping and/or related tasks. Formal training may be substituted for work experience.
- Reliable, record of good attendance, neatness, courteous and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have history, personal and professional, that will allow Choggiung to obtain bonding or other insurance for the applicant if necessary.
- Must be willing to work evenings and/or early mornings 5 days per week or as needed.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
- Frequently required to travel to various different locations
- Frequently required to lift objects up to 70 lbs.
- Oftentimes required to climb ladders, crawl under fixtures, furniture, etc., or crawl into or behind confined spaces.
- May be exposed to harsh or toxic chemicals.
For more information, contact Mary Barnes at (907) 842-5218 or toll free (888) 377-2464.
For an employment application, click here.
Choggiung Ltd. shareholders are encouraged to apply.